Why should I choose Costa Rica & Co?
There are a number of reasons we believe you should choose us as your Costa Rica travel advisor and tour planner.
- Most importantly, we are a small team of travel experts (with over 200 years of travel experience) who specialize in Costa Rica and truly care about our travelers.
- When you contact us we will connect you with your personal travel advisor and this will be the person who will assist you from the moment you start planning your trip to the moment you return home.
- We are a U.S. based travel company with operations in Costa Rica. Meaning you have peace of mind and security knowing we are here in the United States to support you.
- We offer 24/7 travel support from our command center in Los Angeles.
- Your trip is fully customizable to your desires.
- We offer a price guarantee. You will not find the tour for a lower price. If you do we will match it.
- Have more questions? Contact us today and we’ll answer them. Or call us at 800 215 4444
Is the tour customizable?
Absolutely. Each of our tours are fully customizable. We created these tours because these were the itineraries our travelers enjoyed the most and they give you an opportunity to travel to Costa Rica with ease affordably. That said, each tour can be customized to your preferences and needs. Please contact us with any questions.
When is the best time of year to visit Costa Rica? Is there a busy season?
There is truly not a bad time to visit Costa Rica, however mother nature does control the world so there is a peak (wet) season and low (dry) season.
Peak season, also called dry season, is from mid December to April. This is peak season because there is less rain and the sun is abundant.
Low season is from April through November an can be a great time to visit because you will get better pricing, just expect a little more rain. Although it is wet season you will still see an abundance of sun and the temperature will be warm. The pacific coast and Manuel Antonio generally remain fairly dry, even during the wet season.
Costa Rica is warm year round. The average annual temperature across Costa Rica is a warm 71 to 81 degrees Fahrenheit.
Is this a group tour or private tour?
All of our tours are private individual tours, meaning you are not with a group of people traveling around Costa Rica. That said you, unless you choose our private transfer option, you will be sharing transportation in a small van or mini-bus for portions of your tour. Also, certain activities such as walking tours are in groups unless you elect for a completely private tour, which can be arranged for you.
How do I book my trip?
It’s very simple. To get started either call us at 800 215 4444 or complete our Inquiry form and your travel advisor will reach out to you to discuss the specifics of your trip and your travel goals.
Can I get trip insurance?
Absolutely. In fact we offer discounted travel insurance through Travel Guard, one of the world’s largest travel insurance companies. For more information please call us or complete the travel insurance application form here.
Is Costa Rica safe?
Costa Rica is a very safe country to visit, arguably the safest country to visit in Latin America with a very low crime rate. In fact, Costa Rica even removed their military in the early 20th century and guns are also illegal. Although safe, travelers should always remain alert and keep track of their belongings because crime can happen anywhere.
Is it safe to drink the water in Costa Rica?
Generally the water in Costa Rica is very clean safe and safe to drink. However, we recommend our travelers drink bottled or filtered water just as a precaution.
Do I need any vaccinations when traveling to Costa Rica?
No. Fortunately North Americans traveling to Costa Rica do not require any additional vaccinations. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Is medical care good? Are doctors and pharmacy’s available?
Yes medical care is excellent in Costa Rica. There are pharmacies, doctors and clinics all over the country. They are usually open from 8AM to 6PM and some are closed on Sundays. If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know.