Discover Costa Rica Tour
6 Night / 7 Day Tour Starting at $1,995
Discover Costa Rica Tour
6 Night / 7 Day Tour Starting at $1,195
- From $2,295.00per person / double occupancy
- Families, friends or couples.
- 6 Nights / 7 Days
- 1 Country
- 3 cities
The Discover Costa Rica Tour is one of our favorite tours, especially if you are limited on time. This tour allows you to discover three of Costa Rica’s must see destinations. You will visit San Jose, Arenal Volcano and Manuel Antonio on the Pacific coast. You will participate in Costa Rican essential activities from hanging bridges to zip-lining and snorkeling. This tour is perfect for families, couples, friends or even solo travelers. Each tour is customized to your preference, make it as rugged or as luxurious as you please.
The Discover Costa Rica tour includes everything you’ll need for a wonderful tour. Our goal is to include as much as possible while still giving you the freedom to make your own decisions. Thus, you will notice a great deal of items are included, from breakfasts to excursions. However, you still have plenty of time to explore on your own, from restaurants to activities.
- From the moment you start planning your trip to the moment you return home your dedicated tour advisor will be available to assist in making your trip to Costa Rica a success. From restaurant suggestions to flight assistance.
- No need to speak spanish, although that doesn’t mean you can’t practice. In fact, all tours include bilingual tour guides so you can practice with them.
- Accommodation in 4 star hotels, all of which are personally inspected by our team. Optional: Five star hotel upgrade. learn more
- All ground transportation is included in your tour. We utilize modern, air conditioned vehicles for all transportation needs. Optional: Private transportation upgrade. learn more
- Activities such as hanging bridge tours and zip-lining are included. Please see each day of the itinerary for activity inclusions. view itinerary
- Breakfast is included on each day. Food is very important to a successful tour. We plan our tours around a number of criteria and quality food is one of them. Breakfasts are generally buffet style with variations depending on which hotel you are in.
- 2 lunches are included. Lunches are included on our big travel days going to Arenal and going to Manuel Antonio.
- On the Discover tour you will have plenty of time to explore and have dinner on your own. Your travel advisor will be more then happy to suggest exceptional dinner options for you.
- Bottled water provided each day.
- Our Los Angeles based support team is available 24/7 while on tour.
- Each of our travelers have the option to purchase travel insurance at a discounted rate.
- Each tour includes an option to be involved in a community outreach.
The Discover Costa Rica itinerary is popular because it allows you to discover the must see destinations of Costa Rica. Arenal Volcano and Manuel Antonio are two of the most beautiful places to visit, each of which offer an abundance of Costa Rican culture and activities.
Arrive in San Jose
Arrive in San Jose and enjoy the day and evening exploring the capital of Costa Rica. Your local tour manager will greet you at the airport and arrange for your transfer to the hotel.
San Jose – Arenal
You will travel to the town of La Fortuna and the majestic Arenal Volcano, an active volcano reaching almost 6,000 feet. Along your journey to Arenal you will stop for lunch. Upon arriving at your resort in Arenal you will check-in and then have time to relax for the remainder of the day. Maybe you want to have a soak in the natural hot springs or go for a walk in the quaint town of La Fortuna.
Good morning. Start your day with a delicious breakfast and then head out for a guided walking tour around Arenal National Park. Explore the lava rocks and learn about the volcanoes rich history. From there, you will embark on your journey through the famous Arenal hanging bridges where you will walk through the top of the jungle canopy while viewing monkeys, bird, sloths and the Arenal Volcano itself.
Arenal – Manuel Antonio
From the jungle to the beach. Today, you will continue your Costa Rican journey and head south-west to the pacific area of Manuel Antonio, renowned for its beautiful blue beaches and exotic wildlife. Before you head south, you’ll zipline high above the jungle floor soaring the trees. The drive from Arenal to Manuel Antonio is approximately 5 hours, with stops along the way for nature viewing and lunch. You will arrive in Manuel Antonio in the afternoon, just in time to settle in for a sunset cocktail or mocktail, followed by dinner.
Wake up and take in the ocean air. Enjoy a wonderful breakfast and then meet your guide for a nature walk through Manuel Antonio National Park. As you trek deep into the park, you’ll have one last opportunity to see Costa Rica’s abundance of wildlife. Following your national park hike, you will visit one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. The day is yours and the options are endless. Relax on the beach, take a cruise on a catamaran, go snorkeling or take a kayaking adventure.
Manuel Antonio – San Jose
Wake up and have a relaxing morning in Manuel Antonio. Go for a swim, hit the spa or just relax. Later in the morning you’ll depart for San Jose, where you will have one final evening to enjoy Costa Rica.
Depart from San Jose
Transfer to San Jose’s Santa Maria International Airport for your flight. Pura Vida!
Options and Upgrades
We want to give you options. Below are our standard options and upgrades. However, if you don’t see what you are looking for please don’t hesitate to ask, we can accommodate just about any request.
5 Star Hotel Upgrade
The Experience Costa Rica Tour is offered using 4 star accommodation, which you will find is very nice in itself. However, if you would like to experience the most exquisite hotel and spa experiences in Costa Rica, you can upgrade to 5 star accommodation. Please ask your travel advisor about 5 star hotel options and pricing.
Standard transportation is in small, professionally maintained and operated vans and shuttles. This is how most people choose to travel around Costa Rica. It’s easy, affordable and fun. You generally only travel with 4 to 6 other people and often it’s fun meeting new people. If shared transportation is not your thing, then we will be happy to organize private transfers for you. The private transfer option will give you a luxury vehicle, usually an SUV, with private driver.
Rather then drive from one stop to the next, you can fly. For example, the drive from Arenal to Manuel Antonio is 5 hours. You can choose to forgo the drive and fly, which only takes 30 minutes. We can arrange a flight for any portion of your journey. There are a number of flying options from charter airplanes and helicopters to local airlines. Your travel advisor will be happy to discuss these options with you.
There are an abundance of activities in Costa Rica and we have included some of the best in this tour. However, if there is an additional activity you would like to add or you would like some advice about additional activities please ask your travel advisor. For example, you may want to find a local surf spot, visit a particular coffee plantation or maybe you want to go river rafting. Whatever it may be, please let us know and we’ll make it happen.
Birthdays, proposals, anniversaries, weddings, reunions. We have helped plan them all. If you are celebrating a special event and need assistance, we will be happy to help. Whether it is a romantic evening for two or a milestone birthday bash, let us know and we will arrange it for you.
Are you interested in going to Costa Rica? Planning your trip is simple. Start by completing the inquiry form below and your personal travel advisor will reach out to you to discuss your preferred dates, options and pricing. Alternatively, talk to us on live chat or call us at 800 215 9999.